Receipt Printer Setup
Set up the Star Micronics TSP100 Ethernet Printer to start printing receipts. Connect a cash drawer to the printer so it pops open automatically when a cash transaction is run.
Watch our Ethernet Printer Setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Star Micronics TSP100 ethernet receipt printer ships with all of the parts listed below.
Ethernet Printer Setup
Continue below to start setting up the printer and cash drawer.
Once finished, visit our best practices guide to learn how to care for the printer and cash drawer.
WiFi Network Setup
Connect the Printer to Router
Physically set up the printer by connecting it to the router, to power, and loading the paper.
- Plug the ethernet cable into the left most port labeled 100/10BASE.
- Plug the power cable into the right most port.
- Connect the opposite end of the ethernet cable to a numbered port on the router.
- Push back the lever to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
Paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Connect the power cable to an outlet and flip the on/off switch to turn on the printer.
- Wait for the READY light to turn solid blue or green.
The READY light color depends on the model & version of the printer.
Cash Drawer Setup
Connecting the cash drawer to the receipt printer takes just a couple quick steps.
- Plug the cash drawer cable (small head) into the printer’s DK port.
- Plug the other end (larger head) into the bottom of the cash drawer.
Connect to ShopKeep
Connect the iPad to the same WiFi network as the printer and open ShopKeep to finish setting up.
- In ShopKeep, choose 'Hardware Setup' from the Control Panel.
- Tap 'Printer Setup'.
- Toggle the 'On' switch next to your receipt printer.
Switches can be toggled ‘on’ or ‘off’ at each register to change the status of printers.
- (Optional) Tap 'Test Print' to confirm that the printer is ready and working.
Do you have more questions? Check out our Printer FAQ!
Are you already set up but running into issues? Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common problems!