Epson TM-m10 Ethernet Printer Setup
The Epson TM-m10 and TM-m30 Ethernet Printers plug directly into your router to print receipts and tickets over a Wi-Fi network. Follow this guide to learn how to connect the printer and set it up for use in ShopKeep.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Epson TM-m10 / TM-m30 Ethernet Printer ships with a roll of paper, wall adapter, adapter cable, and manual.
Printer Hardware Setup
Before using the printer in ShopKeep, set up its hardware by connecting it to power and to your router.
You must have Wi-Fi at your location and access to the router to be able to set up this printer. The printer must be plugged into a router via ethernet cable to connect wirelessly with the iPad.
- Locate the bottom panel with four rubber feet.
- Pull the bottom panel away from the printer to remove it.
- Remove the side panel.
- Plug the power adapter cable into the adapter port.
- (optional) Connect a cash drawer to the printer.
a. Plug the small end of the cash drawer cable into the printer’s cash drawer port.
b. Plug the larger end of the cable into the cash drawer.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the printer's network port.
- Connect the opposite end of the ethernet cable to a numbered port on the router.
- Snap the printer's bottom panel back in to place.
- Snap the side panel back in to place.
Both panels are interchangable. Attach them in whatever orientation works best for your business.
- Connect the adapter cable to the wall adapter, then plug the wall adapter into a power outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Lift the printer's latch to open its cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
The paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Wait for the status light to turn solid blue.
- Follow the steps below to connect the printer to ShopKeep.
Connect to ShopKeep
With the printer hardware set up, connect the printer to ShopKeep to start using it at the register. Before continuing, make sure the iPad is connected to the Wi-Fi network of the router that’s linked to the printer.
- In ShopKeep, open the Control Panel and tap 'Hardware Setup'.
- Tap 'Printer Setup'.
- To use the TM-m10 as a receipt printer, toggle the switch for the TM-m10 under 'Receipt Printers'.
Switches can be toggled on and off at each register to change the status of printers at that register.
- To use the TM-m10 or TM-m30 as a ticket printer, toggle the switch for the TM-m10 / TM-m30 under 'Ticket Printers'.
Visit the Ticket Printing support article to learn how to assign items to print on tickets.
- (optional) Tap the test print button to confirm the printer is ready.
This prints out a short slip of paper.If the printer doesn’t print, visit our Epson Printer Troubleshooting guide for help.