Epson TM-m10 / TM-m30 Ethernet Printer Setup
The Epson TM-m10 and TM-m30 Ethernet Printers plug directly into your router to print receipts and/or kitchen tickets over your network. In this guide, learn how to set up the printer hardware and connect it to the ShopKeep Register.
Setting up a Star Micronics TSP100 ethernet receipt printer? Visit this article instead.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Epson TM-m10 and TM-m30 Ethernet Printers ship with the parts listed below.
Printer Hardware Setup
Complete the basic steps of plugging the printer into your router, connecting it to power, and loading paper. After setup, the device can be connected to ShopKeep for use at the register.
This printer must be physically plugged into your router to be able to connect to ShopKeep. You must also have Wi-Fi at the location or have your register connected to the router with an ethernet adapter to complete setup.
- Locate the bottom panel with four rubber feet.
- Pull the panel away from the printer to remove it.
- Remove the other panel.
- Plug the power adapter cable into the round port.
- (Optional) Connect a cash drawer to the printer.Plug the small end of the cash drawer cable into the cash drawer port on the printer.Plug the larger end of the cash drawer cable into the bottom of the drawer.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the network port on the printer.
- Connect the opposite end of the ethernet cable to an open numbered port on the router.
- Snap the bottom panel back into place on the printer.
- Snap the side panel back into place.
The panels are interchangeable, so attach them in whichever orientation you prefer.
- Connect the adapter cable to the wall adapter, then plug the wall adapter into a power outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Lift the gray latch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
The paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Wait for the status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
If this does not happen, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- Follow the steps below to connect the printer to ShopKeep.
Connect to ShopKeep
With the printer hardware set up, connect the printer to the ShopKeep Register app to start printing receipts and/or kitchen tickets.
- In ShopKeep, open the Main Menu and tap 'Integrated Hardware'.
Don’t see ‘Integrated Hardware’? Tap ‘Hardware Setup’.
- Tap 'Printer Setup'.
- Toggle the switch for 'Epson TM-m10' or 'TM-m30' on from the list of receipt and/or ticket printers.
Don’t see the printer listed? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- Switches can be toggled on and off at each register to change the status of printers at that register.
- To learn how to connect the TM-m10 or TM-m30 as a ticket printer, visit our ticket printing article.
- (Optional) Tap the printer icon to test the connection between ShopKeep and the printer.
If successful, this prints a slip of paper with the printer’s name, MAC address, and the date and time.