iDynamo Setup & Troubleshooting
The iDynamo allows you to accept swiped credit card transactions at your ShopKeep register. In this article, learn how to set up the iDynamo and how to fix some errors associated with it.
Only iDynamo’s purchased directly from ShopKeep are compatible. iDynamo’s purchased elsewhere will not work with ShopKeep.
Check out our iDynamo Setup video below:
Table of Contents
You must use an adapter sleeve with the stands below or if not using a stand:
- Find the adapter sleeve labeled with the name of your iPad model.
If your setup does not require an adapter sleeve, skip to step 4.
- Align the prongs on the sleeve with holes on the iDynamo.
- Push the pieces together until you hear a click.
- Plug the iDynamo into the iPad.
- (optional) Set the iPad up in a stand/enclosure.
- (optional) To charge the iPad, plug a micro USB cable into the port on the back of the reader.
Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to the iPad’s charging adapter.
Only charge the iPad when needed. Leaving the micro USB cable attached all day can cause damage to the charging port on the iPad or the reader.
Common Error Messages
If you encounter a problem while processing credit cards with the iDynamo, you may see an error message on the register. Here are common errors and how to solve them.
If you run into an issue not listed below, check out our Credit Card Readers Troubleshooting guide.
Manual Card Entry
This is usually caused by a problem with the connection between the iPad and the iDynamo.
- Unplug the iDynamo from the iPad.
- Force quit the ShopKeep app.
- Plug the iDynamo back into the iPad.
- Open ShopKeep and run a credit transaction.
Couldn't Connect to Gateway
The error is usually the result of having poor internet connectivity or none at all.
- Press the iPad's home button to back out of ShopKeep
- Open the Safari web browser.
- Visit a web page or perform a Google search.
- Open the iPad's 'Settings' app and check to see that you are connected to the right network.
- Force quit ShopKeep, open ShopKeep back up, and try the transaction again.
No Payment Processor Found
This message appears if you are not boarded for credit card processing.
- Make sure that your merchant services provider has filled out our ISO Boarding Form.
- If you have received a confirmation boarding email, close your shift and open a new shift.
This message appears because the iDynamo is no longer functional or was not purchased from ShopKeep.
- Make sure the iDynamo was purchased directly from the ShopKeep Store.
This appears if the customer’s card was declined by the processor.
- Try charging the customer's card again.
- Try a different card or form of payment.
Do you have more questions? Check out our Card Reader FAQ!