Ending Your Day
Once the business day is over, end your day in ShopKeep to wrap things up. Print a shift report, close the shift, and clock out at the register.
Watch our Ending Your Day video below:
Table of Contents
Print a Shift Report
This printable report shows the shift’s numbers with an option for managers to filter by employee. Use this report to keep track of shift sales, returns, pay ins, payouts, safe drops, voids, deleted items, items from discarded transactions, and open checks as well as the opening amount, expected drawer amount and how much the drawer is short by.
Attention Serverless Sync™ users:
We recommend closing all checks on one register. Checks appear on the shift report of the register where they were closed. Closing checks on the same register means you won’t need to add shift reports later.
- Open the Control Panel and tap 'Shift Report'.
- Tap 'Print X Report' to print a summary of shift activity so far.
Managers see totals for all employees but can tap to select a specific employee.
Cashiers see only their summary.
Close the Shift
When your business closes its doors, close the shift in ShopKeep to end your day. After a shift is closed, cashiers cannot run any more transactions. Only Register Managers can close shifts. Cashiers do not have the ability to close shifts.
- On the Control Panel, tap 'Close Shift'.
- Count the cash left in the drawer, enter that amount, and tap 'Close Shift'.
Receiving an open check error while closing the shift? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- The closing drawer amount cannot be changed after closing the shift.
- There is no need to also close your credit card batch. Batch closure happens automatically just after midnight by default.
- Tap 'Print Z Report' to print a summary of the shift to a connected receipt printer.
Z reports recap the entire shift and tell you if the drawer total was over or under the expected amount. Visit the X and Z Reports support article to learn how to reprint a previous shift’s Z report.
- On the Control Panel, tap 'Sign Out' to return to the sign-in screen.
If you have any problems closing the shift, visit our Manager Functions Troubleshooting guide for help.
Before leaving, clock out with your unique register code to record an end of the day clock punch.
Clocking out requires an active internet connection. Without internet, clock punches will not be recorded or synced to the BackOffice Time Clock report.
- On the sign-in screen, enter your register code and tap 'Clock Out'.
- Tap ‘OK’ to dismiss the clock punch notification or ‘Print’ to print a chit to a connected receipt printer confirming the punch.
This feature is available on the ShopKeep Register on The Mini and The Station and on the ShopKeep Register for iOS v3.5.0 and above. If a different clock punch notification appears after updating the register, stay tuned as we slowly roll out this new experience for everyone.
- Employees must be clocked in to be able to clock out and vice versa.
- Don’t have a receipt printer? Take a screenshot or photo of the screen.
If an employee clocks in or out at the wrong time or has other issues using the time clock, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.