Ending Your Day
Once the business day is over, end your day in ShopKeep to wrap things up. Print a shift report, close the shift, and clock out at the register.
Watch our Ending Your Day video below:
Table of Contents
Print a Shift Report
This printable report shows the shift’s numbers with an option for managers to filter by employee. Use this report to keep track of shift sales, returns, pay ins, payouts, and safe drops, as well as the opening amount, expected drawer amount and how much the drawer is short by.
Attention Serverless Sync™ users:
We recommend closing all checks on one register. Checks appear on the shift report of the register where they were closed. Closing checks on the same register means you won’t need to add shift reports later.
- Open the Control Panel and tap 'Shift Report'.
- Tap 'Print X Report' to print a summary of shift activity so far.
This prints to your connected receipt printer.
Managers see totals for all employees but can tap to select a specific employee.
Cashiers see only their own summary.
If you have any problems printing the shift report, visit one of our Printer Troubleshooting guides.
Close the Shift
Only Register Managers can close shifts, Cashiers do not have this ability.
- On the Control Panel, tap 'Close Shift'.
- Count the cash left in the drawer, enter that amount, and tap 'Close Shift'.
The closing drawer amount cannot be changed after closing the shift.
- Tap 'Print Z Report' to print a summary of the shift to a connected receipt printer.
Z reports recap the entire shift and tell you if the drawer total was over or under the expected amount.Visit the X and Z Reports support article to learn how to reprint a previous shift’s Z report.
- On the Control Panel, tap 'Sign Out' to return to the sign-in screen.
If you have any problems closing the shift, visit our Manager Functions Troubleshooting guide for help.
Before you leave, clock out at the register to record an end of the day time punch.
- On the sign-in screen, enter your register code and tap 'Clock Out'.
If you have any problems clocking out, visit our Login / Access Troubleshooting guide for help.