Pay Ins & Payouts
Perform a pay in or payout to balance the cash drawer if you need to add or remove money from the cash drawer while the shift is open. Select specific payout options like Safe Drop, Buy Inventory, or Non-Cash Gratuity and enter comments for each pay in/payout processed for a more detailed BackOffice report.
Watch our Pay Ins & Payouts video below:
Table of Contents
Make a Pay In / Payout
Perform a pay in whenever you need to add cash to the drawer and a payout whenever you have to remove cash. Please note that once completed, pay ins / payouts cannot be edited or deleted.
- Sign into ShopKeep as a manager.
- Tap the menu icon and choose 'Pay In / Payout'.
- Select a type of pay in or payout.
- Safe Drop is for making cash deposits from the till into a safe or bank.
- Payout is for any general reason for removing cash from the drawer.
- Pay In is used when you need to add money to the drawer.
- Buy Inventory is for using money from the drawer to purchase supplies or ingredients.
- Non-Cash Gratuity is for paying out employee credit card gratuity from the till.
- Enter an amount for the pay in / payout and press 'Continue'.
- Enter a comment (optional) and tap 'Done'.
The pay in / payout cannot be reversed, edited, or deleted after tapping ‘Done’.
- Tap 'No Sale' on the Control Panel to open the drawer and add / remove cash.
Pay In / Payout Report
Use the Pay Ins and Payouts report to view details of each Pay In, Payout, and No Sale made at the register. See the date/time of each action, which employee performed it, and the amount, register #, and comment.
- In BackOffice, click 'Reports' and select 'Pay ins and Payouts'.
- Pick a date range and press 'Retrieve'.
- This report displays the date, register #, employee, comment, and amount associated with each action.
- Below each section is a ‘Totals’ row which adds together the amounts in that section.
- *To find totals by employee, you must manually add together each employee’s rows.
Check out our iPad Register FAQ for answers to common questions about using the register.
Running into register problems? Visit one of our ShopKeep App Troubleshooting guides for help.