Pay Ins & Payouts
Perform a pay in or payout to balance the cash drawer if you need to add or remove money from the cash drawer while the shift is open. Select specific payout options like Safe Drop, Buy Inventory, or Non-Cash Gratuity and enter comments for each pay in/payout processed for a more detailed BackOffice report.
Watch our Pay Ins & Payouts video below:
Table of Contents
Make a Pay In or Payout
Perform a pay in whenever you need to add cash to the drawer and a payout whenever you have to remove cash. Please note that once completed, pay ins / payouts cannot be edited or deleted.
- Sign into ShopKeep as a manager.
- Tap the menu icon and choose 'Pay In / Payout'.
- Select a type of pay in or payout.
- Safe Drop is for making cash deposits from the till into a safe or bank.
- Payout is for any general reason for removing cash from the drawer.
- Pay In is used when you need to add money to the drawer.
- Buy Inventory is for using money from the drawer to purchase supplies or ingredients.
- Non-Cash Gratuity is for paying out employee credit card gratuity from the till.
- Enter an amount for the pay in / payout and press 'Continue'.
- Enter a comment (optional) and tap 'Done'.
The pay in / payout cannot be reversed, edited, or deleted after tapping ‘Done’.
- Tap 'No Sale' on the Control Panel to open the drawer and add / remove cash.
Pay Ins and Payouts Report
Use the Pay Ins and Payouts report to view details of each pay in, payout, and no sale done at the register. See the date and time of each action, which employee performed it, and the amount, register #, and comment.
Run the Report
From BackOffice, run the Pay Ins and Payouts report for an overview of the pay ins, payouts, and no sales performed at the register during a specific time period.
- In BackOffice, click 'Reports' and select 'Pay ins and Payouts'.
- Click the date icon to select a range, then click 'Retrieve'.
Read the Report
The Pay Ins and Payouts report is grouped by category (e.g. Drops, Payouts, Pay Ins, etc.) and displays details of each pay in, payout, and no sale performed at the register during the selected date range.
Total (top row) | Total of the ‘Amount’ column for each section in the report. This row is not available for ‘No Sales’ as no sales do not require an amount.
Date/Time | Date and time each pay in, payout, or no sale was performed.
Register # | Number of the register on which each pay in, payout, or no sale was performed.
Employee | Person who performed each pay in, payout, or no sale. To calculate totals by employee, you must manually add together each employee’s rows.
Memo | Comment entered by the employee when performing a pay in or payout. This column is not available for ‘No Sales’ as no sales do not require a comment.
Amount | How much was added to or removed from the drawer for each pay in or payout. This column is not available for ‘No Sales’ as no sales do not require an amount.
Export the Report
View Pay Ins and Payouts report data outside of BackOffice by exporting the report to analyze in your own spreadsheet software.
- Click 'Export'.
- Wait for the export to be generated. Check the box to be notified by email when exports are ready for download (optional).
Exports ready in a few seconds will automatically download. Click ‘Close’ to close the message box.
Exports that take more than a few seconds to generate are downloadable via the Export Center when ready. Click ‘OK’ to close the message box.
- After downloading, the export is ready to open in any spreadsheet software.
Check out our iPad Register FAQ for answers to common questions about using the register.
Running into register problems? Visit one of our ShopKeep App Troubleshooting guides for help.