Sales by Location Report
Compare performance across multiple ShopKeep locations with the Sales by Location report. See which stores are busiest, which bring in the most revenue, and which generate the most profit.
This report is available only to merchants with multiple linked ShopKeep accounts and is visible only to the business owner. Visit our Multi-Store Management article to learn how to manage locations.
Table of Contents
Run the Report
From BackOffice, run the Sales by Location report for an overview of sales activity across all linked locations during a specific time period.
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Locations'.
Don’t see ‘Locations’? Visit our Analytics Troubleshooting guide for help.
- Click the Date icon to choose a preset or custom range, then click 'Retrieve'.
Read the Report
The Sales by Location report shows which locations are busy and which could use some help. Learn to read this report so you can master its data and make more informed business decisions.
The charts show your top locations by number of sales and by total net sales for the selected date range
- Hover over or tap a bar to see the sales count/amount and percent of total for that location.
The Table View provides more specific details for each location over the selected date range. The first row, Totals, gives the total value for each column.
Count of Sales | Number of sale transactions at the location.
Gross Sales | Total sales amount before discounts, returns, gratuity, and tax.
Net Discounts | Total discount amount applied to sales minus the total amount applied to returns.
Want to see more detail on discount usage? Check out the Sales by Discount report.
Net Sales | Gross Sales minus Returns minus Net Discounts.
Costs | Total business cost of sold items minus the cost of returned items.
By default, Cost is calculated using the weighted average cost at the time of sale for each item.
To use last cost, follow the steps here to disable the weighted average cost feature.
Gross Margin | Percentage of Net Sales left after accounting for costs.
Gross Profit | Net Sales minus Costs.
Taxes | Total tax amount charged on sales minus the tax refunded on returns.
Cash, Credit, Gift Card, Other | Total amount tendered to each of these payment types.
Count of Returns | Number of return transactions at the location.
Returns | Total returns amount before tax, gratuity, and discounts.
Check, Coupon, and other tenders | Net amount tendered to each of these payment types.
- Click any header with arrows to sort the table ascending. Click again to sort descending.
Filter the Report
Use the filter tool to hide locations you don’t want to see or to enable additional table columns.
- Click 'Filter'.
- To hide a location, uncheck its box.
- To show a table column, click 'Show/Hide Columns' and check each box.
Export the Report
Download a copy of your Sales by Location report to analyze and filter the data using spreadsheet software.
- On the Table View, click 'Export'.
- Wait for the export to be generated. Check the box to be notified by email when exports are ready for download (optional).
Exports ready in a few seconds will automatically download to your computer. Click ‘Close’ to close the message box.
Exports that take more than a few seconds to generate are downloadable via the Export Center when ready. Click ‘OK’ to close the message box.
- After downloading, the export is ready to open in any spreadsheet software.
Print the Report
Use the Print feature to create the report in a printer-friendly format that can be printed or saved.
- Click 'Print'.
- Wait for the report to open in a new tab in your browser.
- Select 'File' from your browser’s menu and choose 'Print'.
You can also choose to save the print view as a PDF for easy sharing.