Receive & Adjust Inventory
Learn how to receive and adjust inventory items with ease. Adjusted inventory is tracked in the BackOffice, so you know what happened and when. Receiving items is a simple way to add units into inventory and update the cost simultaneously.
Table of Contents
Check out our Receive Inventory video below:
- In BackOffice, choose 'Items' from the sidebar & select 'Receive Inventory'.
- Search by item name or UPC and select the item you’re receiving.
Only active items with Inventory Method set to tracked can be received.
- Enter the number of Units Received and the Total Line Cost.
The new cost is automatically updated as a weighted average.
Total Line Cost = Number of Units Received x Cost of Each Unit
New Cost = (Value of Current Item Inventory + Value of New Received Item Inventory) / Total Item Inventory Quantity after Receiving
- Click 'Save' to return to the Item list and see the updated information.
In this example, the item costs $.40 per unit, instead of $.25; so ShopKeep updates with a new weighted average cost.
- In the ShopKeep app, tap 'Get Updates' to sync the item's new cost with the register.
You may select multiple inventory items before clicking Save. However, you cannot have more than one of the same item on the list, as duplicates will only save the first item line.
Check out our Adjust Inventory video below:
Using Adjust Inventory
Adjust Inventory is helpful for adjusting the quantities of several items without having to navigate away from a single page.
- In BackOffice, choose 'Items' & select 'Adjust Inventory'.
- Search by item name or UPC and click the item you’re adjusting.
Only active items with Inventory Method set to tracked can be adjusted.
- Enter a number.
- Select either 'Add to Count' or 'Replace Count'.
From the Items List
Adjust items from the Items List if you also want to log a reason for the adjustment.
- In BackOffice, choose 'Items' & select 'Items List'.
- Search for and click on an item.
- Choose 'Adjust'.
- Choose to 'Add' or 'Remove items from inventory' and select a quantity.
- Enter a reason for the adjustment. This field is required.
- Click 'Update'.
Inventory Adjustment History
Check out when inventory adjustments are made in BackOffice using the Inventory Adjustment History report.
This is only for adjusted inventory. Currently, there is no report for received inventory.
- In BackOffice, choose 'Analytics' from the sidebar.
- Under 'Inventory', select 'Adjustment History'.
- Select a predefined or custom date range for the report. Then, click 'Retrieve'.
The inventory adjustment history will give you the following information: