Starting Your Day
Get your day started at the register by having each employee (cashiers and managers) clock in to record a clock punch. A manager will then sign into the register and open a shift to get it ready to process sales.
Table of Contents
To use the ShopKeep time clock feature, employees should clock in with their unique register code before they start working. All staff, cashiers and managers alike, clock in the same way.
Time clock use requires an active internet connection at the register and more than 1 employee to be set up in BackOffice. Without internet, clock punches will not be recorded or synced to the BackOffice Time Clock report.
- From the sign in screen, enter your register code and tap 'Clock In'.
- Tap ‘OK’ to dismiss the clock punch notification or ‘Print’ to print a chit to a connected receipt printer confirming the punch.
If a different clock punch notification appears, stay tuned as we slowly roll out this new experience for everyone.
- Employees must be clocked out to be able to clock in and vice versa.
- Don’t have a receipt printer? Take a screenshot or photo of the screen.
If an employee clocks in or out at the wrong time or has other issues using the time clock, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Sign in as a Register Manager to open a register shift so cashiers can begin running transactions. Signing in is only necessary if more than 1 employee is set up in BackOffice.
- Enter a Register Manager code and tap 'Sign In'.
Opening the Register Shift
Before cashiers can run transactions, a manager needs to open the register shift. Don’t Forget to close the shift at the end of each day.
- Count your drawer's starting cash, enter that amount, and tap 'Open Shift'.
The opening drawer amount cannot be changed after opening the shift.
After opening a register shift, the register automatically loads your default home screen. Either stay signed in to use the register or tap ‘Sign Out’ from the Main Menu to allow another user to sign in. ‘Sign Out’ is only available when more than 1 employee is set up in BackOffice.
Check out our FAQ for some answers to common questions that come up when starting your day.
Having issues? Check out our troubleshooting guide for some solutions!