Starting Your Day
Get your day started at the register by having each employee (cashiers and managers) clock in to record clock punches. After everyone’s clocked in, have a manager sign into the register and open a shift to get it ready to process sales.
Watch our Starting Your Day video below:
Table of Contents
To use the ShopKeep time clock feature, employees should clock in with their unique register code before they start working. All staff, cashiers and managers alike, clock in the same way.
Clocking in requires an active internet connection. Without internet, clock punches will not be recorded or synced to the BackOffice Time Clock report.
- Enter your register code and tap 'Clock In'.
- Tap ‘OK’ to dismiss the clock punch notification or ‘Print’ to print a chit to a connected receipt printer confirming the punch.
This feature is available on the ShopKeep Register on The Mini and The Station and on the ShopKeep Register for iOS v3.5.0 and above. If a different clock punch notification appears after updating the register, stay tuned as we slowly roll out this new experience for everyone.
- Employees must be clocked out to be able to clock in and vice versa.
- Don’t have a receipt printer? Take a screenshot or photo of the screen.
If an employee clocks in or out at the wrong time or has other issues using the time clock, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Sign in as a register manager to access the register.
- Enter a register manager code and tap 'Sign In'.
Opening the Shift
Before cashiers can run transactions, a manager needs to open the register’s shift. Don’t Forget to close the shift at the end of each day.
- Count your drawer's starting cash, enter that amount, and tap 'Open Shift'.
The opening drawer amount cannot be changed after opening the shift.
- Tap 'Transaction' to start ringing sales.
Or, tap ‘Sign Out’ to allow another user to sign in with their code.
Check out our FAQ for some answers to common questions that come up when starting your day.
Having issues? Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for some solutions!