Unit Priced Items
Unit pricing is used for basic items that don’t have a set price because it varies based on how much a customer purchases. Examples include bulk goods, items sold by weight, or deli items.
Watch our Unit Priced Items video below:
Table of Contents
Create Unit Priced Items
Create a unit priced item in BackOffice so you can sell it at the register.
- Log into BackOffice and add a new basic item.
Only basic items can have unit pricing. Items with variants cannot be unit priced.
- Select 'Unit Price' for the Priced field.
- Enter a 2 letter abbreviation for the unit used to measure the item.
For example: oz, lb, kg, etc.
- Enter the sale price per unit sold.
You cannot round to the nearest hundredth here (i.e. if you enter 4.039 as the price, the system will automatically adjust the price to 4.04).
- Save the item and Get Updates on each register.
We recommend using Bulk Management to import inventories in excess of 50 items.
Sell Unit Priced Items
Once created, unit priced items can be sold at the register.
- Search, scan, or tap the button to ring up the item.
- Enter the quantity being purchased and tap 'Done'.
- Complete the sale as usual.