The Table Layout feature on the ShopKeep Register app for iOS allows you to create a floor plan of your restaurant or bar, view open and seated tables, and open orders directly from the table layout saving your staff time by enabling them to quickly locate saved sales according to how tables are arranged in your restaurant. From BackOffice, enable the table layout to customize and use the layout at the register.
This feature is available on the ShopKeep Register for iOS to merchants on select pricing packages.
Table of Contents
Enable the Table Layout
For the table layout to appear on your register, enable it from BackOffice.
- In BackOffice, go to 'Settings', then click 'General'.
- Click the 'Enable' check box in the 'Tables' section.
- (Optional) Select 'Tables' in the 'Default Home Screen' section.
Read our Default Home Screen article to learn more.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save'.
- On the ShopKeep Register, tap 'Get Updates from BackOffice' then 'Get Updates' from the Main Menu.
Read our Main Menu article to learn more.
Set Up the Table Layout
From the ShopKeep Register, set up the table layout of your restaurant according to its floor plan. With the ability to move, resize, and rotate all tables, obstacles, and zone divisions, create a floor plan to your specifications.
The table layout must be manually set up on the iPad with the ShopKeep Register app and will need to be recreated if the app is deleted.
- In ShopKeep, open a register shift.
Read our Opening & Closing Register Shifts article to learn more.
- Tap 'Tables' from the Main Menu.
- Tap 'Edit' to display the table layout grid.
- Tap 'Add' for a drop-down of objects to select from, then tap an object.
Table (Square, Circle, Rectangle)
Obstacle (Square, Circle, Rectangle
- Name the object, then tap 'OK'.
To rename the object, press and hold the object then tap ‘Rename’.
- Move and resize the object.
To move: tap, drag, and drop the object to desired position on grid.
To resize: pinch and zoom with two fingers to increase or decrease object size.
To rotate: rotate with two fingers to desired position.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 for all floor plan objects.
- Tap 'Done' to save the layout.
Table layouts must be manually recreated on each register for the account, if you have multiple registers, as the layout does not sync to other registers.
Use the Table Layout
On the Table Layout screen, staff can easily view open and seated tables, start a new order for a table, and add items to saved sales for a selected table.
- Tap a grey table.
Grey tables are tables with no guests and no saved sales assigned to them, while white tables have seated guests and a saved sale. Before starting a new saved sale at an occupied table, the existing saved sale must be closed and, if necessary, its tip must be entered.
- (Optional) If Guest Count is enabled, enter the number of guests for the table, then 'Done'.
Read our Guest Count article for more information.
- Add items to the transaction as normal.
Learn more about adding items in our Running Sales at the Register article.
- Tap the disk icon to save the sale.
Items that are assigned printer groups will automatically be sent to the ticket printer.
Each table can only hold one saved sale at a time. When using split tenders a new saved sale will be shown on the Saved Sales screen but not on the Tables screen. The original saved sale will remain assigned to the table.
- Tap 'Save' to name the saved sale.
Saved sales are automatically assigned the name of the table and the time the saved sale was created. The name of the saved sale can be updated if necessary.
* Saved sales do not currently sync between registers using the Table Layout feature, so a sale saved at Table 1 on Register A will not appear on Table 1 on Register B. However, the saved sale will be visible on both registers’ Saved Sales screens if Saved Sales Sync or Serverless Sync™ is enabled.
- Follow the steps below to view, modify, or close out a saved sale assigned to a table.Tap a white table to open and view its saved sale.Tables display how long saved sales have been open, in hours and minutes.To modify the saved sale, make changes to it, then tap the disk icon to save.To close the saved sale, select the customer’s payment tender and follow the prompts.
- If multiple customers are sharing the bill, use Split Tender to divide payment up to 9 ways, or split the saved sale before tendering it to separate its items into multiple different sales.
- For help tendering the sale, visit our Running Sales at the Register article.