Guest Count allows a business to track how many customers it serves by enabling cashiers to enter the number of guests associated with each sale at the register. Guest count data appears on reports accessible from the register, BackOffice, and ShopKeep Pocket.
Note: This feature is only available on the ShopKeep Register for iOS v2.42.0 and above. For help updating the app, visit our Introduction to the iPad article.
Table of Contents
Enable Guest Count
Turn on the Guest Count feature in BackOffice to begin recording the number of guests served at the register. This is an account setting that applies to all registers in a given location.
For restaurants, we recommend enabling the Restaurant Register Type instead. Doing so will automatically enable Guest Count and will give you access to future restaurant-specific features.
- In BackOffice, click ‘Settings’ and select ‘General’.
- Check the box to enable Guest Count.
- (Optional) Enable the setting to prompt cashiers to enter a guest count for every new transaction.
If enabled, a keypad will automatically open at the start of each sale to remind the cashier to enter a guest count. Otherwise, cashiers must tap the guest count icon to enter the total number of guests.
- Click ‘Save’.
- On the ShopKeep register, open the Control Panel and tap ‘Get Updates’.
Guest Count at the Register
At the register, enter the number of guests for each sale to track guest count information in reporting.
- On the ShopKeep register, open the Transaction screen.
- Enter the number of guests for the transaction.If prompted with a keypad, enter the guest count and tap ‘Done’.
Use ‘None’ to record 0 guests when the exact count is unknown, such as with to-go or phone orders.If not prompted, tap the Guests icon to enter the guest count.
Want to enable the Guest Count prompt? Visit the section above for help.
- Tender the sale or save it as an open check.
Guest Count Reporting
From the number of guests served to the average sale value per guest, check out the reports below for guest count analytics.
Guest count data is available on: