With Tip Later, the cashier authorizes a credit card and comes back to the order at a later point to enter the gratuity. This frees up the register and simplifies the interaction.
Table of Contents
Enable Paper Receipts
Tip Later is available only when your customers sign (and tip) on a paper receipt.
- In BackOffice, go to Receipt Settings for paper receipts.
- Change 'Tips and Signature' to 'Tip and signature on paper receipt'.
- Click 'Save' to confirm the change.
At the register, customers sign and tip on a paper receipt. The cashier enters the tip to finish the sale.
Pay Now, Tip Later
After a customer places their order and swipes their card, use Tip Later to come back to the order and enter the tip when the customer is ready.
- Ring up a sale as usual.
Tag a customer to the sale to speed things up, this feature works with all tenders.
- Tap 'Credit' to tender the transaction.
- On the tip screen, choose 'Adjust Tip Later'.
- Save the check to ring up later.
- After the customer signs the receipt, tap 'Checks' on the Control Panel.
- Tap the check marked 'Awaiting Tip'.
- Add in the tip amount from the receipt and 'Charge'.
All done! You can email or print a final receipt like any other sale.