Login, Access, & Billing Troubleshooting
This page tackles issues you may encounter while trying to access BackOffice, update billing information, or perform other related actions.
Table of Contents
- Login Issues
- “You did not submit a valid combination of store name, login, and password.”
- I entered my login credentials correctly, but I still get an error.
- “That email address is not valid for this store.”
- Access Issues
- Some BackOffice settings are missing.
- I do not see the "Manage Account" menu option.
- I'm logged in as the Business Owner, but still cannot view all settings.
- I do not have access to the Business Owner email on file.
- "This account has been suspended."
- Billing Issues
- I signed a 1 year contract, but now I want to cancel my account.
- “Number does not match credit card. Please try again.”
- “Required Field Not Completed”
This section focuses specifically on issues you may encounter when trying to log in to your BackOffice.
“You did not submit a valid combination of store name, login, and password.”
This error means you entered your store name, login, and/or password incorrectly.
- Check that you entered the right store name and that it is in the correct format.
Store names are all lowercase and contain no spaces.
- Make sure that you entered the correct username/email.
- For the Business Owner, this is the email originally used to create the store.
- For other BackOffice users, this is login assigned to them in BackOffice by the Business Owner.
- Check that you entered the right password and that it is in the correct format.
BackOffice passwords are case-sensitive, so upper/lowercase letters do make a difference.
- Re-enter your store name, username/email, and password, then click 'Log in'.
- If you receive another error, follow the additional troubleshooting steps below.
I entered my login credentials correctly, but I still get an error.
Repeated login issues can often be solved by clearing your web browser’s cache and cookies or using a different browser. Follow the steps below to complete these actions.
Be aware that clearing cache and cookies can remove saved passwords, auto-fill data, and other information. If your browser is not listed below, search Google to find steps for your specific version.
- Clear your web browser's cache and cookies.
- Try logging into BackOffice from a different browser.
“That email address is not valid for this store.”
This error may appear when trying to reset your BackOffice password. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
- If resetting the Business Owner password, verify that you entered the correct email.
This is usually the email address originally used to set up the store.
- If resetting an employee BackOffice password, log into BackOffice as the Business Owner.
The Business Owner must reset employee passwords from the Staff List. Visit this support article to learn how to change an employee’s BackOffice password.
This section focuses on issues you may encounter while trying to access specific features in BackOffice, such as the Receipts and Tips menu.
Some BackOffice settings are missing.
Certain settings, such as Receipts and Tips, are only visible to the Business Owner. If these are missing, it means you are signed in as a BackOffice Manager and not the Business Owner.
Follow the steps below to sign out of BackOffice and log back in as the Business Owner.
- Click the arrow in the upper right and select 'Logout'.
- Enter the Business Owner email and password.
The Business Owner email is the email address originally used to set up the account.
- Click 'Log in'.
To learn more about employee privileges in BackOffice, visit our Manage Staff article.
I do not see the "Manage Account" menu option.
Because of the sensitive information contained in this section, “Manage Account” is only visible to the Business Owner. To view this section, follow these steps to log into BackOffice as the Business Owner.
I'm logged in as the Business Owner, but still cannot view all settings.
If you signed in as the Business Owner but still cannot access certain features, it may be because the Business Owner email is assigned as the login for a BackOffice Manager. This overrides Business Owner permissions and causes a conflict.
- Contact Customer Care for help resolving this issue.
I do not have access to the Business Owner email on file.
Follow the steps below to learn how to update the Business Owner email for your account.
- If you are able to sign into BackOffice, update the Business Owner email from the 'Manage Account' page.
Visit this support article to learn how to update this information.
- If you are unable to log into BackOffice, contact Customer Care for assistance.
"This account has been suspended."
If your billing date arrives and there is no card on file or the charge is declined, your account will become suspended after 30 days. You will be notified by email that the billing was unsuccessful & we will try to bill you again during this period.
The register will continue to work and data will still sync, but access to BackOffice will be restricted until you enter or update the card on file.
This section focuses on issues related to account billing.
I signed a 1 year contract, but now I want to cancel my account.
Contract plans are non-refundable and cannot be canceled. Contact Customer Care if you would like to obtain a copy of your contract with the terms of your plan.
“Number does not match credit card. Please try again.”
This error may appear when trying to enter a credit card for billing in BackOffice. Check that all of the card’s numbers are entered correctly and that the card information matches the credit card type.
- Make sure the information you entered matches your credit card exactly.
Check the card number, expiration date, CVV, cardholder name, and billing ZIP code.
- Re-enter your credit card information and click 'Submit'.
“Required Field Not Completed”
This is another error that can appear when attempting to enter a credit card for billing in BackOffice. Expiration date, CVV, Cardholder Name, and Billing Zip Code are all required fields. Make sure that all of the information is filled out completely and accurately for each field.