Void reporting provides an overview of items voided from saved checks and items from voided checks. At the register, run a Shift Report to view the total quantity and value of items voided on that specific register by all employees, by a specific employee, during the current open shift, or in a previous shift.
In BackOffice, run the Void Report to view the individual line items voided at all registers, the employees who voided them, the manager who approved each void, and the value.
To learn how to perform voids at the register, visit our Open Checks article.
Table of Contents
Void Reporting at the Register
Run a Shift Report at the register to view the total quantity and value of items voided from saved checks and items from voided checks on that register.
Voids are available in the Shift Report on the ShopKeep Register for iOS v2.45.0 and above. For help updating the app, visit our Introduction to the iPad article.
- At the register, open the Control Panel and tap ‘Shift Report’.
- Scroll down to view information about the items voided on that register.
- If a shift is open, voids performed so far during the shift are shown. If a shift is not open, total voids for the most recent shift are shown.
- Managers can view voids performed by all employees, but cashiers can see only their own voids.
Voided Items | Quantity of items voided from saved checks and items from voided checks. For example, two burgers voided from one check and one drink voided from another would equal three voided items. Each unit priced line item voided counts as one void, regardless of its quantity.
Voided Total | Value of all voided items based on the price of each item. For example, if two voided burgers are priced at $9.95 each and a voided drink is $2.95, the voided total would be $22.85.
- (Optional) Managers can tap 'All Employees' and select an employee to see their individual report.
- (Optional) Tap the date and select a shift to view a previous shift's report.
A Shift Report can be retrieved for any shift opened within the past 48 hours.
- (Optional) Tap ‘Print X Report’ or ‘Print Z Report’ to print a copy to a connected receipt printer.
Receiving an error while printing? Visit one of our printer troubleshooting guides for help.
To learn about the other information included on the Shift Report, visit our X and Z Reports article.
Void Reporting in BackOffice
Run the Void Report in BackOffice to view the individual line items voided from saved checks and line items from voided checks across all registers.
This report displays only voids performed on the ShopKeep Register for iOS v3.8.0 and above. For help updating the app, visit our Introduction to the iPad article.
This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
- In BackOffice, click ‘Reports’ and select ‘Void Report’.
- Click the date icon to choose a preset or custom range, then click ‘Retrieve’.
The Void Report shows all items voided over the selected range at the register, starting with the most recently voided.
Total (top row) | Total of the Quantity and Amount columns.
Date/Time | Date and time the line item was voided.
Employee | Staff member who performed the void.
Approved by | If the void required manager verification, name of the manager who approved it. If manager verification was not required, this will be blank.
Item | Name of the voided line item.
Quantity | Quantity of the voided line item. Unit priced items are rounded down to the nearest whole number quantity.
Amount | Value of the voided line item based on its price and quantity. For example, if a burger line item priced at $9.95 with a quantity of 2 was voided, the ‘Amount’ would be $19.90.