Sync saved sales from one ShopKeep register to other registers on the same network with Serverless Sync. Save a sale on a register that uses ShopKeep.com, Inc.’s BackOffice servers and view, modify, or close it out from any other register.
Note: This feature is only available on the ShopKeep Register for iOS. For the ShopKeep Register on The Mini and The Station, learn about check syncing here.
Table of Contents
Before You Start
To ensure a seamless experience with Serverless Sync, we recommend following these 4 steps:
- Update all registers to the latest version of ShopKeep.
All registers must be using the same version of the ShopKeep register app for Serverless Sync to work. Learn how to update ShopKeep here.
- Use the latest iPad hardware available from Apple.
In high-volume environments, older devices may experience significant issues such as checks not syncing or register lag. We recommend using the same supported iPad model for all registers. Learn which iPad models are supported here.
- Connect to a dedicated WiFi router.
- For the best performance, we highly recommend connecting all iPads directly to a dedicated WiFi router not shared with other devices.
- Do not connect to public or shared WiFi. If you must use public WiFi, bridge the connection with a range extender to create a secure network.
- Ensure registers are set up within 30 feet of the router and have at least two WiFi signal bars lit up.
- Visit our Best Practices for Network Setup article for a complete list of networking recommendations.
- Operate no more than 4 registers in one location with Serverless Sync.
This is a suggestion, not a specific requirement. With over four registers, troubleshooting becomes more difficult and syncing issues may increase.
Set Up Serverless Sync
Enabling Serverless Sync is a multi-step process requiring access to both BackOffice and the iPad registers. Follow these steps to turn on this feature and get started sharing saved sales across registers.
To prevent app crashes, close all register shifts before enabling or disabling Serverless Sync.
First, turn on Serverless Sync in BackOffice and assign a name to each register.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'General'.
- Check the 'Enable' box.
- Review the message and click 'I'm ready!' to confirm.
- Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Register Licenses'.
Don’t see ‘Register Licenses’? Visit our Login, Access, & Billing Troubleshooting guide for help.
- Give each register a name and click 'Update'.
This helps identify each register on the Register List.
With Serverless Sync enabled in BackOffice, complete a few steps on each iPad register to finish setup.
- On one iPad, open the 'Settings' app and tap 'WiFi'.
- Make sure the register is connected to the correct WiFi network.
Each register must be connected to the same network.
- In Settings, tap 'Display & Brightness' and set 'Auto-Lock' to 'Never'.
Registers only sync when ShopKeep is running – if the screen is locked or the app is running in the background, registers will not stay in sync.
- Open the ShopKeep register app and sign in as a Manager.
Can’t sign in? Visit our Login / Access Troubleshooting guide for help.
- On the Main Menu, select 'Get Updates from BackOffice' and tap ‘Get Updates’ to enable Serverless Sync on that register.
If you receive an error while getting updates, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
- Repeat steps 1-5 on each additional register.
Using Serverless Sync
Serverless Sync shares saved sales with all iPads using ShopKeep.com, Inc.’s BackOffice servers. Learn how to view saved sale information on each register and see which registers are connected.
View Saved Sales
With Serverless Sync enabled, view saved sales from the Saved Sales screen on any register.
- Open the Main Menu and tap 'Saved Sales'.
The Saved Sales screen automatically displays saved sales from connected registers.
View Connected Registers
The Register List provides an overview of which registers are connected via Serverless Sync and which are not.
- Open the Main Menu and tap 'Register List'.
The ‘Register List’ shows registers currently sharing saved sale information (top) and registers disconnected from the others (bottom).
Having trouble with disconnected registers or saved sales not syncing? Visit our Saved Sales Screen Troubleshooting guide for help.