Inventory Tracking & Reorder Report
Track the quantity on hand of your inventory items to always know how much you have. Run a Reorder Report to display what you’re low on and use the Quantity History Report to see how quantities change over time.
Table of Contents
Set Up Inventory Tracking
Inventory tracking enables you to keep track of the current quantity on hand of your items. Set the ‘Reorder Trigger’ and ‘Recommended Order’ so you can see when items are running low.
Inventory tracking is set up on a per-item basis. If you have a large inventory, use Bulk Management to modify all of your items at once.
For Basic Items
- Select a basic item from the Items List.
- Set 'Track Inventory' to 'True' and click 'OK'.
If ‘Track Inventory’ is already ‘True’, skip to the next step.
- Click the 'Additional Details' tab.
- Enter a 'Reorder Trigger' and 'Recommended Order' and click 'OK'.
- Reorder Trigger is a low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the Reorder Report.
- Recommended Order is the quantity of the item that you consider to be fully stocked.
- Adjust the item's quantity to the actual quantity on hand.
Inventory Reorder Report
The Reorder Report shows which items, variants, and raw goods to reorder when you start running low. Items appear on this report once their quantity has sold down to the Reorder Trigger.
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Reorder Report'.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Supplier | Vendor from whom the item is acquired.
To see which suppliers you sell the most items from, run the Sales by Supplier report.
Supplier Code | Any reorder code linked to the item that makes reordering the item easier.
Store Code | ShopKeep generated barcode for label printing.
Description | Name of the item.
QoH | The quantity of the item that’s currently on hand.
Reorder Trigger | Low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the report.
Rec Order | The quantity of the item that you consider to be fully stocked.
Cost | Current cost of the item calculated as a weighted average.
*If you don’t want to use weighted average cost, follow these steps to disable it.
Last Cost | Per-unit cost of the item at the time it was last received.
Last Sold | Date when the item was last sold.
Sold (Last Week, Month, etc.) | How much of the item was sold during the specified period.
- (Optional) Click one of the buttons to view the report for Variants or Raw Goods.
- (Optional) Click 'Download' to export the report as a spreadsheet.
Missing some items from the Reorder Report? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Quantity History Report
- Select an item from the Items List.
- Click the button to view the Quantity History report.
For basic items, click ‘Quantity History’.
For items with variants, click the Actions arrow next to a variant and select ‘View history’.
- (Optional) Click the dropdown and select a number of weeks to change the report's time frame.
The Quantity History report displays sales, returns, adjustments, and receiving events.
*For receiving events, this report displays the per-unit cost at which at item was received.