Inventory Tracking & Reorder Report
Track the quantity on hand of inventory items to always know how much is in stock. Learn how to set up inventory tracking, view which items need to be reordered, and see how item quantities change over time.
Table of Contents
Set Up Inventory Tracking
Inventory tracking allows a business to keep track of the quantity on hand of its items. Set a ‘Reorder Trigger’ and ‘Recommended Order’ for each item to know when items are running low.
Inventory tracking is set up on a per-item basis. For large inventories, use Bulk Management to modify all items at once.
For Basic Items
- Select a basic item from the Items List.
- Toggle on 'Track Quantity on Hand'.
If this is already enabled, skip to the next step.
- Enter a 'Reorder Trigger' and 'Recommended Order', then click 'OK'.
- Reorder Trigger is a low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the Reorder Report.
- Recommended Order is the quantity of the item considered to be fully stocked.
- Adjust the item's quantity to the physical quantity on hand.
Inventory Reorder Report
The Reorder Report shows which items, variants, and raw goods to reorder when running low. Items appear on this report once their quantity has sold down to their Reorder Trigger.
NOTE: This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
- Click 'Analytics' and select 'Reorder Report'.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Supplier | Vendor from whom the item is acquired.
*To see which suppliers sell the most items, run the Sales by Supplier report.
Supplier Code | Any reorder code linked to the item that makes reordering it easier.
Store Code | ShopKeep generated barcode for label printing.
Description | Name of the item.
QoH | The quantity of the item currently on hand.
Reorder Trigger | Low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the report.
Rec Order | The quantity of the item considered to be fully stocked.
Cost | Current cost of the item calculated as a weighted average.
*Don’t want to use weighted average cost? Follow these steps to disable it.
Last Cost | Per-unit cost of the item at the time it was last received.
Last Sold | Date when the item was last sold.
Sold (Last Week, Month, etc.) | How much of the item was sold during the specified period.
- (Optional) Click one of the buttons to view the report for Variants or Raw Goods.
- (Optional) Click 'Download' to export the report as a spreadsheet.
Missing some items from the Reorder Report? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Quantity History Report
- Select an item from the Items List.
- Click the button to view the Quantity History report.
For basic items, click ‘Quantity History’.
For items with variants, click the Actions arrow next to a variant and select ‘View history’.
- (Optional) Select a number of weeks from the drop-down to change the report's time frame.
The Quantity History report displays sales, returns, adjustments, and receiving events.
*For receiving events, this report displays the per-unit cost at which an item was received.
Have questions about managing your inventory? Visit our Inventory FAQ for help.