Inventory Tracking & Reorder Report
Track the quantity on hand of inventory items to know how much is in stock. After setting up inventory tracking, learn how to check item quantities from BackOffice or at the register, view items that need to be reordered, and see how item quantities change over time. To track components of individual items such as lids, buns, etc., use Raw Goods.
Table of Contents
Set Up Inventory Tracking
Inventory tracking allows a business to keep track of the quantity on hand of its items. Set a ‘Reorder Trigger’ and ‘Recommended Order’ for each item to know when items are running low.
Inventory tracking is set up on a per-item basis. For large inventories, use Bulk Management to modify all items at once.
For Basic Items
- Select a basic item from the Item List.
Basic items do not have an icon or arrow next to the item name.
- Toggle on 'Track Quantity on Hand'.
If this is already enabled, skip to the next step.
- Enter a 'Reorder Trigger' and 'Recommended Order', then click 'OK'.
- Reorder Trigger is a low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the Reorder Report.
- Recommended Order is the quantity of the item considered to be fully stocked.
- Adjust the item's quantity to the physical quantity on hand.
- Select an item with variants from the Item List.
Items with variants are identified by an icon or arrow next to the item name.
- Toggle 'Track Inventory' on.
If ‘Track Inventory’ is already toggled on, skip to the next step.
- Enter a 'Reorder Trigger' for each variant and click 'Save'.
- Adjust each variant's quantity to the physical quantity on hand.
Check Quantity on Hand
Check an item’s quantity on hand (QoH) from either BackOffice or the ShopKeep Register app to see how much is in stock.
Note: This method requires BackOffice access as a Business Owner or BackOffice Manager.
- Search for an item on the Item List.
- Look at the ‘Quantity’ column for the item’s total quantity on hand.
- (Optional) For items with variants, click the icon to see individual variant quantities.
Instead of an icon, some users may see an arrow that, when clicked, shows active variants in an expanded row.
An overlay with the quantity and other details of each active variant appears.
From the Register
To learn how to check an item’s quantity on hand on the ShopKeep Register on The Mini or The Station, visit our help article here.
- Search for an item.
- Tap the blue ‘i’ to view the item’s quantity.
- Review the quantity on hand, then tap ‘Done’ to return to the transaction.For basic items, the total quantity for that one item is displayed.For items with variants, the total item quantity is shown along with a breakdown by individual variant.
Inventory Reorder Report
The Reorder Report shows which items, variants, and raw goods to reorder when running low. Items appear on this report once their quantity has sold down to their Reorder Trigger.
NOTE: This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
- Click 'Reports' and select 'Reorder Report'.
- Click any table header to sort ascending or descending.
Supplier | Vendor from whom the item is acquired.
*To see which suppliers sell the most items, run the Sales by Supplier report.
Supplier Code | Any reorder code linked to the item that makes reordering it easier.
Store Code | ShopKeep generated barcode for label printing.
Description | Name of the item.
QoH | The quantity of the item currently on hand.
Reorder Trigger | Low-quantity amount that prompts the item to appear on the report.
Rec Order | The quantity of the item considered to be fully stocked.
Cost | Current cost of the item calculated as a weighted average.
*Don’t want to use weighted average cost? Follow these steps to disable it.
Last Cost | Per-unit cost of the item at the time it was last received.
Last Sold | Date when the item was last sold.
Sold (Last Week, Month, etc.) | How much of the item was sold during the specified period.
- (Optional) Click one of the buttons to view the report for Variants or Raw Goods.
- (Optional) Click 'Download' to export the report as a spreadsheet.
Missing some items from the Reorder Report? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Quantity History Report
- Select an item from the Item List.
- Click the button to view the Quantity History report.
For basic items, click ‘Quantity History’.
For items with variants, click the Actions arrow next to a variant and select ‘View history’.
- (Optional) Select a number of weeks from the drop-down to change the report's time frame.
The Quantity History report displays sales, returns, adjustments, and receiving events.
*For receiving events, this report displays the per-unit cost at which an item was received.
Have questions about managing your inventory? Visit our Inventory FAQ for help.