This feature is only available to merchants on select pricing packages using the ShopKeep Register for iOS. We are slowly rolling out eCommerce online ordering to this group of merchants so this feature may not be currently available to you.
ShopKeep eCommerce: Online Ordering
Once your ShopKeep eCommerce Integration is set up, set up the eCommerce online ordering feature to receive and process orders at the register that were placed through your webstore.
Table of Contents
Online Ordering Overview
From what happens at the register when an order is placed online to eCommerce feature compatibility, here is an overview of how ShopKeep eCommerce online ordering feature works.
Set Up Online Ordering
Set up the eCommerce online ordering feature by enabling Saved Sales Sync, deciding which registers will print order tickets, and configuring some optional settings that control how online ordering will work.
- Follow the steps here to make sure Saved Sales Sync is enabled on each register.
Online orders will not sync to registers where Saved Sales Sync is disabled.
We are slowly rolling out Saved Sales Sync to a select group of merchants so this feature may not be currently available to you yet.
- Set which registers will print tickets for online orders.
By default, order tickets print at each register’s receipt printer unless changed in this step. For kitchen and order tickets to print, online order printing must be enabled for at least 1 register.Sign into the register as a Register Manager.From the Main Menu, tap ‘Register Settings’.Toggle the switch for ‘Print Online Orders’ to disable or re-enable online order printing on this register.(Optional) Repeat steps 2a – 2c on each additional register.
- (Optional) To enable customers to pay online by credit card, follow the steps here to set up payments.
- (Optional) To allow customers to add notes to an order, follow the steps here to enable order comments.
Order comments enable customers to communicate special requests or notes, automatically print on order tickets, and can be viewed when closing an online order at the register.
- (Optional) To print delivery information on tickets, follow the steps here to configure the ‘Customer Delivery Information’ setting.
Delivery information can also be viewed on the register when closing an online order.
Place an Online Order
Learn how customers place online orders through your ShopKeep eCommerce webstore for delivery or pickup from your business.
- From your ShopKeep eCommerce webstore, the customer clicks an item to order.
- (Optional) Customer selects modifiers for the item.
- Customer clicks ‘Add to Bag’ to add the item to their order.
- (Optional) Customer clicks 'Add More' to increase the order quantity of the item.
- (Optional) Customer repeats steps 1 - 4 to add additional items to the order.
- After adding all items to the order, the customer clicks the shopping bag icon to check out.
- Customer enters their email address and clicks ‘Checkout’.
- Customer selects delivery or pickup.
Missing one of these options? Learn how to set up delivery and pickup here.
- Customer fills in their contact or delivery information then clicks ‘Continue’.
- Customer selects a delivery or pickup method and clicks ‘Continue’.
- Customer selects a payment method and enters their billing address.
- (Optional) Customer enters any relevant notes in the 'Order comments' field.
Don’t see this field? Learn how to enable order comments here.
- Customer clicks ‘Place Order’ to submit their order.
- Customer sees an order confirmation on screen and receives a confirmation email.
The Business Owner will also receive an order confirmation email. At the business, a new saved sale will be added to the register and tickets will print for the order.
- Follow the steps in the section below to process the order at the register.
Online Orders at the Register
Learn what to do at the register after receiving an online order via ShopKeep eCommerce, including how to view the items on the order, reprint order tickets, and close out the order after it is delivered or picked up.
- Look for a badge on the menu icon to indicate the number of open online orders.
As new online orders are received, the number on the badge will increase. A kitchen ticket will print for items assigned to ticket printers, and an order ticket will print at each register’s receipt printer.
- Open the Main Menu and select ‘Saved Sales’.
- Look for saved sales labeled ‘Online’, indicating an online order.
Online Received | Order was placed online but was not yet paid for.
Online Paid | Order was placed and paid for online. These orders will appear in ShopKeep reporting as being tendered to ‘Other’
Truck Icon | Order is for delivery. Online orders without this icon are for pickup.
- Select an online order to view its items and other details.
- If the order was received but not paid, continue to step 5.
- If the order was paid online, skip to step 7. If the order was
- (Optional) For pickup orders not paid online, follow the steps here to tag a customer to the order.
For delivery orders, if the email address on the order matches an existing customer on your customer list, that customer will be automatically tagged to the order. If there is no match, a new customer will be created in ShopKeep.
- If the order was not paid online, select the customer's payment tender and follow the prompts to complete the sale.
- If applicable, review the customer notes and/or delivery address.
For customers to be able to enter notes for their order, order comments must be enabled via the eCommerce Dashboard.
- (Optional) Tap 'Reprint Ticket' to print a copy of the order ticket.
To print delivery information on tickets, configure the ‘Customer Delivery Information’ setting found in Paper Receipt Settings.
- Select a receipt option and tap 'Done' or tap 'No Receipt'.
- Follow the steps here to update the ‘Payment Status’ and ‘Fulfillment Status’ of the order in the eCommerce Dashboard as needed.
Continue below for answers to common questions about the online ordering feature of ShopKeep eCommerce integration.
Can customers leave tips on online orders?
No, tips and gratuities are not supported for orders that are paid online. However, if a customer places their order online and pays for it in-store using a credit card at the register, they can leave a tip.
How do I prevent an item from being sold if I run out of it?
Items with inventory tracking enabled in BackOffice will automatically be marked out of stock on your online store when their quantity on hand in ShopKeep eCommerce reaches 0, preventing customers from purchasing them. Items with inventory tracking disabled must be manually disabled for sale in the ShopKeep eCommerce Dashboard by following the steps here.
How do I cancel or refund an order paid online?
Close the order at the register and decide whether to refund the customer in cash or to their credit card (for credit, you will need access to the account for your payments provider). Perform a return at the register and tender it to ‘Cash’, for a cash refund, or ‘Other’, for a credit refund. If providing a credit refund, you must log into the account for your payments provider and manually issue a refund to the customer. Finally, follow the steps here to update the status of the order in the ShopKeep eCommerce Dashboard.
How do I cancel or refund an order not paid online?
If the order has not yet been closed at the register, void the order, then follow the steps here to update the status of the order in the ShopKeep eCommerce Dashboard. If the order was already closed at the register, perform a return at the register, then update its status in the ShopKeep eCommerce Dashboard.
How can I prevent customers from placing orders when my business is closed?
To prevent customers from placing orders when your business is not open, manually close your online store from the eCommerce Dashboard. Reopen your webstore from the Dashboard when you are ready to accept orders again.