Custom Business Day
Open late? Adjust the start of the business’s day to match its operating hours. This feature allows businesses that stay open past midnight, such as bars or restaurants, to view reporting data based on the hours they are open in addition to the default calendar day starting at midnight.
Table of Contents
Set Start of Business Day
Visit the Locations page to set the start of the business day that affects how sales data displays in BackOffice.
- Log into BackOffice as the Business Owner.
- Click 'Settings', then 'Locations'.
- Select a location to adjust its settings.
- Choose a start time from the dropdown.
This is the time the business day begins and ends. We recommend setting this to 1 or 2 hours after the business’s official closing time to allow time for all checks to be processed.
- Click 'Save' to save changes.
Custom Business Day Reporting
After setting the start of the business day, use the following reports to view sales data based on the location’s selected start time:
* Note that only the reports listed above use Custom Business Day. All other reports use the default calendar day hours of midnight to 11:59 PM.
- Click 'Reports' and select a report.
The ‘Sales by Item’ report is used in this example.
- By default, the report displays data based on the selected start of the business day.
Transactions recorded before the start of business day count toward the previous day’s totals.
Example: If the custom business day begins at 5PM and a transaction occurs at 3PM, the transaction is attributed to the previous day’s reporting.
- (Optional) To view reporting by calendar day (starting at 12AM), open the date picker, select 'Use calendar day starting at 12AM', and click 'Retrieve'.
To switch back to using the custom business day start time, select ‘Use business day starting at…’
Are reports displaying the incorrect time? Visit our Analytics Troubleshooting guide for help.