Custom Business Day
Open late? Adjust the start of your business day to match your business hours. This feature allows businesses, such as bars or restaurants that are open past midnight to view reporting data based on the hours the business is open in addition the default calendar day starting at midnight.
Table of Contents
Set Start of Business Day
Visit the Locations page to set the start of your business day.
- Log into BackOffice as the account owner.
- Click 'Settings', then 'Locations'.
- Select a location to adjust the settings.
- Select a start time from the drop down.
This is the time that your business day begins and ends. We recommend setting this time to 1 or 2 hours after your daily closing time to ensure you capture all the checks you close after serving stops.
- Click 'Save' to update the changes.
Once you have selected a custom time for the start of your business day, you can view data based on your custom business day on the following reports:
* Note that only the reports listed below use Custom Business Day. All other reports use only the default calendar day hours of midnight to 11:59 PM.
- Click 'Analytics' from the menu and select a report.
The ‘Sales by Item’ report is used in this example.
- The retrieved report will now display data based on your custom business day by default.
Sales recorded before the start of business day count toward the previous day’s sales.
Example: If your custom business day begins at 5PM and a transaction occurs at 3PM, the transaction is attributed to the previous day’s reporting.
(Optional) To view reporting by calendar day starting at 12am, open the date picker, then click ‘Use calendar day starting at 12AM’. Click ‘Use business day starting at…’ to switch back.
Reports displaying incorrect times? Check out these troubleshooting solutions.